Sunday, March 30, 2008

21

Right out of the gate, this is not a review of a movie.

It is about a milestone.

I know a man who turns twenty-one years old on April 2.

He's smart.

He's compassionate.

He has a heart of gold.

I know, it's a little cliche. But it's true.

He is loyal and true.

He is everything I once hoped to be.

He is mature beyond his years.

While I have almost certainly disappointed him, he has never disappointed me.

If you are lucky in life, you may meet him someday.

I suspect you may read him first.

He is an aspiring journalist. He is a very good writer.

By now, you may have guessed I know him well.

You are right. I do.

He is Kevin Christopher Jordan. K.C. for short.

He is my son. I love him more than he knows.

Happy Birthday buddy.

You're the best!

No comments: