Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Chief.

CPO Donald M. Jordan USN 1930-1996

Today is a good day to remember.

On this Father's Day I remember my Dad, Chief Petty Officer Donald Miles Jordan. He served in the United States Navy from 1948 to 1968 which included two tours in Viet Nam. He was a proud member of PF-143 "The Pukin' Dogs."

Circumstances were such that we couldn't be there when he retired and was "piped overboard" at the NAS Beeville, Texas.

When he died a group of local Navy Chiefs "piped him overboard" the night before his funeral in a ceremony, which still brings a tear to my eye.

He was a veteran longer than he was active duty, but he was Navy through and through.

We lost him way too soon.

He was a good guy. My brother and sisters and I miss him every day.

Happy Father's Day, Chief.




No comments: